Xiaomi Mi TV Stick Might

…suck :grin:. Well, sorry for triggering some of you, but I think AndroidTV on a stick paired with 1 GB RAM is a no go zone. Probably the reason it is capped at 1080p in the age of UHD. Firestick 4K (yes I had to bring it up :smirk:), uses a customized android. But its chipset and subsidies provided by Amazon’s “bigger picture” have made it lag-free.

We all know Android TV is laggy on mid-range and budget TVs…but I digress. Lets wait for reviews, Techweez wamesema they will :smile:, but in the meantime just add 2 grand and get the box. Also, Google is rumoured to use AndroidTV in its upcoming chromecast devices, maybe that will be better.

2 Likes

i think if you are getting a device with android tv right now,it has to have a minimum of 2GB RAM and 4K capability.In my experience you will get better performance on such…1GB RAM is just a disaster for Android TV 8 and above,i have personally noticed that with my Sony Bravia KDL43W80C

1 Like

Yeah. That stick has ‘failure’ written all over it. The Firestick 4K has 4K HDR10+, HDR 10, DV and DA. Upto 60fps 4K. All these features at the same price that Xiaomi 1080p stick is going for. Firestick’s price can drop to as low as $25 during sales. For anyone looking for a cheap pure Android stick, save that money for Sabrina by Google. Google’s upcoming Android TV device looks promising.

3 Likes

Y’all should realize that Xiaomi is a mature company, loved by many due to low cost high quality items. That is about to end, Its time for them to cash in on their name. They will starting selling crap at top dollar. Even One plus followed the same route to popularity

1 Like

I have read an almost similar comment about Xiaomi .It’s time to jump ship .Consumers are not ready to buy mediocre hardware/ experience at top dollar .

2 Likes

How is it on TCL and these new Hisense TVs? Considering one of them… :grimacing::grimacing:

if you are using it for streaming eg Youtube, Netflix and watching media from portable storage then it should work fine

1 Like

I can comment on the TCL,if you get a TCL smart tv,you dont need the xiaomi Mi TV stick.and if it is a dumb TCL model,just get the Mi Box S,its way better specd and has decent performance

2 Likes

Maze naskia tu kuimport TV cuz I seriously need FALD on a budget. Hakuna TV Kenya iko na local dimming at below 150k (55"). Convesely, naeza import Vizio M65Q8-H1 (65") which will cost $750 once it is available, and pay around 40k to import it. (If you get the 55" it is just $550!!! for a TV with FALD and QLED!!!) You can easily import 55" Vizio for around 100k total.

The thing has 90 dimming zones and a QLED panel :sob:… to make matters worse it costs 80k for a 65"… why don’t these brands come to Kenya!!! Hisense too with the H9G maze. Their prices compares to Samsung TU8000 and LG UN7300, these models are so crappy in picture quality I would only recommend @Dree_Alexander TCL any day.

Not just any TCL,it would be best if we recommend the C8 series or the P series.The panel for these models are ELEDs with good coverage on angles and brightness…Mimi i am still drooling the Sony A9s OLED…too bad it costs like a whole car but in time maybe in the next two/three years zitakuwa kawaida sana hadi zishuke bei mwenda

3 Likes

Those Qled and Oled TV screens are fragile any Slight hit and u have a black line from top to bottom that’s an experience I don’t want ever again especially after seeing it with LG I decided to go TCL C-series I am not regretting it is value for money defined and soon am getting mum one to replace the LG she has

Ah wazi! Coz I am considering the P8M the newer upgrade the P715

Am I able to download apk like vola and mobdro with Amazon fire stick?

Any android app will work on the Fire TV stick. There are tutorials online detailing installation which is simple.