Why don't we have access to Google Play Movies in Kenya?

As Kenyans, we’ve slowly gotten spoilt by all the global services that make their way here as soon as they are available elsewhere on the continent. At times, the Sub-Saharan Africa launch even happens in Kenya. So I understand when we don’t have access to services like Google Play Music, Google’s music streaming service. The service is only accessible if you are in South Africa. What I don’t understand though is why Kenyans don’t have access to Google Play Movies. I mean, it is available in several other African countries already. 19 to be precise.

Here they are:
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gabon, Ivory Coast, Mali, Mauritius, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

Anyone know why we’re not in Google’s good graces? Does it have anything to do with distribution rights? We already have Netflix as from the start of this year with access to some content restricted because of the same but does that warrant wholesome lockout from the service? Or there aren’t enough Kenyans streaming video on demand to warrant the honour? (Faiba’s latest move shows the opposite) Or our authorities have something to do with this (those folks at Kenya Film and Classification Board probably know something we don’t)?

Worth noting is that the home of the “Netflix of Africa”, iRokoTV, Nigeria, is also missing on this list of countries with access to Play Videos. Another country where iRoKoTV is popular, Ghana, is also nowhere on this list.

What gives?