Washing machines and brands you can trust

I would personally go for the LG because of the direct drive motor. I don’t know about the Ramton but should it have the same, I would reconsider other details.

1 Like

Go for LG, you will actually note the drum on the 7kg LG is bigger than the 10kg ramtons

When I started this thread, I never knew it would lead me to a very conclusive and eye opening field of the washing machine. I must say am very grateful for the information I have gathered over those two years. In fact, I feel like a pro in the consumer field :grinning::grinning::grinning:.
To cut the long story short, I believe I got myself the best at the budget. My 8Kg LG F2V5PYP2T machine arrived today. I have not done any washing yet because of plumbing issues but will give a detailed experience once am done on that.

8 Likes

Unfortunately I didn’t go for the Von. Fortunately, my patience paid off with an LG (pic above).

1 Like

How much did you get it for and from where?

1 Like

It was on offer at LG brandshop at Garden City. It cost 76k but the cost now is about 83k.

A quick google search lead me to this thread which i must say has been quit helpful. one area i would enquire is in regards to type of water i.e most house holds use borehole / hard water. is this something i should consider when purchasing washing machine and is thier a certain brand/model that would work best in this regard. Kindly advice

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.
This reminds me I was to update on my experience so far. About water, I have no idea. I live in a place with fresh water.

Hi y’all, I’m considering buying an ex UK washing machine AEG brand… A friend is selling it for 35k
It’s a front loader anyone with any experience on it? He says it’s the best…but I know he’s also trying to make a sale…please help

Don’t, instead get a new von 6kg going for the same amount, second hand electronics are to avoid especially imported spare utatafuta uchoke, von has become so good also try mika or ramtons.

5 Likes

Nilienda window shopping kutafuta Automatic washing machine with a dryer. Weee bei inaanzia 150K :neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:

Ex-UK home appliances hukua zimefanya kazi kama punda. You know those guys depend on the machines daily.

Halafu hizo models manufacturers hupeleka huko kupata spare locally utaimia :joy::joy::joy:

Wachana na hizi, hatuna winter Kenya :joy:. Alafu shida ingine with washer/dryer ni the amount it can dry is around half or less its washing capacity. Ni afadhali a separate dryer in case you need it

1 Like

get a dryer standalone, combi units don’t do drying so well, you can go cheap here Ramtons kitu 40k, von kitu 50, LG samsung 80+ depending on budget.
There is an advantage to a dryer even in Kenya eg if you hate ironing, ukinunua tupe review

2 Likes

In reference to that naona tu basi wacha ninunue tu washer bora ifanye rinshing. Nitategemea jua kukausha

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

In my 3 year washing machine usage i’d advice you stick to a kawaida washer only machine coz i can tell you for free it’s rinsing property gives clothes that near dry feel that clothes don’t even take 30minutes to completely dry on a normal sunny day. The washer/drier machine is more expensive and dents your electricity bill even further.

1 Like

If you want near dry go for a washer with higher RPM, mine maxes at 1,400 but I see some LG at 1,800 and another calling itself CANDY at 2,400 rpm, never really found 1,400 not enough.

1 Like

You don’t need a drier that much. The spin cycle is so efficient that some clothes especially shirts come out 98% dry. I have even washed a trouser at 1am (we had not had water for 3 weeks. We waited) and dried it in the morning na pasi in a few mins it was completely dry. So you don’t really need a drier.

1 Like

Issue ya drying should not bother. Your clothes will spend significantly less time drying. Even in the cold months, you will dry your clothes so fast. Besides, you can always spin the clothes again if you are not satisfied with the cycle.

1 Like