The Best Kenyan Web Designers

Hi good people,

Know any good Kenyan web designers (freelancers, firms/agencies). Kindly list them below, with a link to their site & portfolio if possible. We have some great looking Kenyan websites out there, hoping we can get the designers a bit of the recognition.

Up-and-coming web designers, as well as graphic designers also welcome. Also, feel free to introduce yourself/ your agency if you feel you fit the bill.

###Technical Skills:

• Mastery (expert): HTML, CSS (HTML5 and CSS3 Specs Incl.)
  • Knowledge (Advanced): Javascript and one or more javascript DOM manipulation libraries ( jQuery, Zepto, MooTools … )
  • Knowledge (advanced): Design software (Photoshop, Illustrator,InDesign, … )
  • Knowledge (advanced): One or more front-end CSS frameworks (Twitter’s Bootstrap, Zurb’s Foundation … )
  • Knowledge (proficient): Typography, Colour theory
  • Knowledge (proficient): Print Design
  • Familiarity: One or more front-end MVC/UI frameworks (Angular, ReactJS, VueJS, Backbone, Ember… )

There are a bunch of skills I may have left out, feel free to mention them. Also some of the above skills cross between web design and graphic design, but I believe a good web designer must grasp graphic design concepts.

Soft Skills

• Artistic
  • Creative
  • Visual ideation
  • Flexible

@Jayriq on Twitter is the best I know

thanks for the quick response.

For anyone following:

Here’s Jayriq’s website: wesongaeric.com and his portfolio

Hi, I am a web designer with 8 years experience, I have a deep understanding of HTML5 and CSS, proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator and I use Bootstrap for front-end design.
Wordpress and Joomla are my go to Content Management Systems.
Here is my website www.tandabuisolutions.com. Okbye.

1 Like

i am a freelancer and my profile you can find here>> about.me/nalicej

www.takasmart.co great looking website :+1:

How is this related to the conversation?

Define the person who built the website is a good web designer.

the website in question uses this website builder: https://mobirise.com/ . While it does look nice and it is a handy tool for quickly setting up a site, it does meet the critera defined above

Hi, I am a web designer/developer with 7 years experience, I have a deep understanding of HTML5 and CSS, proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator and I use Bootstrap for front-end design.
Wordpress and Joomla are my go to Content Management Systems.
Here is my website www.creative-junk.com.

1 Like

Looks interesting, I’ll take a look.

I’m a designer, here’s my Behance profile: https://www.behance.net/MakongoKiugu