Telkom Kenya Frequent Change of IP Address. Anyone facing this issue?

Hello guys.

For a while now, I have noticed that the IP that Telkom Kenya assigns a user are hardly static for let’s say a predefined period. The IP keeps on changing after every 20 to 30 seconds or so. I remember in the past, you’d be assigned an IP that changes after let’s say 12 to 48 hours.

The frequent change of IP makes it difficult to operate services that are sensitive to IP changes across the internet. Also the number of times that I have been forced to go through Google reCaptcha in some websites are countless.

Right now, I’m being forced to use a VPN to prevent issues with IP sensitive services. Anyone being bothered by this issue?

This is interesting, I’ve used Telkom data for a while and haven’t seen this. I’ll try see whether I interact with it.

Do you use Telkom Data to access your VPS control panel? You can also check your IP online then time after a few seconds and check it again, you’ll notice an IP change.

Now I remember sometime back when it was such a mess accessing that backend.

Thanks for pointing this out. I have been trying to understand why online gaming with Telkom network is such a mess. Their dynamic IP is not well implemented. You are in a middle of the game alafu unalose connection and bars are full (in any device). Argh…

2 Likes

So much. Forced to use a VPN

They told me to get a static IP at a cost of 8,000bob per year. You can use a VPN if you have one.

2 Likes

I can attest to this, for instance if you are trying to access security sensitive login pages like server accounts e.t.c You will keep getting warnings that your IP has changed login again repeatedly…it sucks.

Why i have not moved from Telkom is because of this reliable speeds…

1 Like

This is for what Bouquet…