Smartphones in 2021/Smartphone recommendations in 2021

1. Smartphones under 50k have gotten really boring this year. The innovation lies in the 100k+ segment. (Exception of Xiaomi)

2. I thought Huawei phones would get cheaper if they did not have Google Services. I was planning on getting a P40 Pro for 40k this year :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:. They got more expensive.

3. Entry-level smartphones under 12K are still really bad in 2021.

4. I donโ€™t think anyone can justify getting a new smartphone each year anymore. You might end up downgrading while thinking itโ€™s an upgrade while you move to the next level.

5. If you buy a smartphone for its camera, you will end up regretting the purchase. In the list of things to consider when buying a smartphone, a good camera should be a the bottom of that list

a. UI (stableness)
b. Battery
c. Network Reception
d. Display
e. Camera

My 5 cents. Currently using the MI 9T which I think is amazing.

4 Likes

Iโ€™m using Xiaomi note 10 pro and its good, You can give a try to Realme 8 It also working good in market. Do check specs before buying any smart phone.

Mind giving a review of the redmi note 10pro I would love to gift it to someone who loves xiaomi but am torn between the note 10pro and the. MI 11lite

Especially Samsung. These guys have gotten greedy over the years.

2 Likes

Entry-level smartphones like Poco M2 reloaded and Narzo 30A are meant for people who make just basic uses of the devices. They can do fairly well unless you play heavy games.

1 Like

Iโ€™ll post my personal suggestion here, and most of you might not agree to it. I prefer spending on Apple instead of any other manufacturer. I agree that they are a bit expensive, but you pay for convenience, more control and more compatibility. Its just one time investment that never disappoints you in future.

3 Likes

Iโ€™d fancy getting the Poco F3 with its Snapdragon 870 processor and 5g technology. Feel like its beats most of the flagships at that price. Anyone knows where I can get one?

I agree. At this cost, there are lots of mediatek-powered devices including Realme C25 as well. They seem to be really good for the users.

Motorola should make a comeback, rhey are releasing very good phones in India

I personally agree with your camera statement. If you need a camera - buy a camera.

Please explain.

Right, and even brands like Tecno and Infinix always use Mediatek chipsets. They add to the competition in the budget segment.

Now that Mediatek Dimensity 1200 chipset is available at such a low cost, I think smartphones with this chipset would do much better. What do you think?

Watched Gary compare it to the exynos 2100 in the s21 ultra and damn a 10 second difference isnโ€™t that big especially when it is in a phone 1/4 the price of S21 ultra mediatek chipset are getting better each day and they hit the sweet spot; value for money in terms of price to performance ratio!

I used to take this kind of a statement as gospel truth a few years ago. I decided to buy an iPhone 11 this year. My main sim card was in the device for about a week before I put it back in pocof1.

Honestly, iPhones are polished and very very fluid and stable. However, if an iPhone is not meant to do something, it fails 100%. On the other hand, in the android world, if a solution exists, there is probably a way to make it work at least 70% of the time. For a tinkler, or a person who likes to squeeze the most out of their devices, android, Linux and windows (for now) are my way to go.

I leave my iPhone at home and use it in the evening to read ebooks and watch Netflix (its apps are super smooth). I find the cheaper Xiaomi devices more useful for daily activities

1 Like

Check out the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro. Solid device for 31 browns for the 128Gig variant. Shida ni Kenya with mid-range 5G devices. Nowhere to be found. POCO F3 (As Arun, MrWhoseTheBoss, put it) is stupid levels of value, na haionekani mahali so far. Ata Phone place Kenya wameshinda tu โ€˜Upcomingโ€™. Argh

Thought Iโ€™m alone Frank, canโ€™t find a phone with such a price and a top processor SN 870 5G. Hii Poco F3 nimengoja sana kwanza 8gb 256 ROM ndio nadai, nikiwahi hii najua naenda the next 3 years without buying a phone

What do you think the floor thinks about this position?

1 Like

My A7 2016 from Nov 2016. 5th year now. :joy::joy::joy:

If you love tech then you will want a new phone each year no matter which phone you get. Itโ€™s all about how your wallet is behaving that year.