Safaricom Fibre To the Home Experiences,Please share

I don’t have FTTH and if I did, I would still game. It’s the only thing I can do till 3 in the morning. Movies? Nalala vibaya sana

Games as a form of entertainment …The immersion you get from playing a story based game like the Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Assassins Creed Origins, Horizon Zero Dawn, Red Dead Redemption 2 …etc is far much better and refreshing in my opinion …

1 Like

God of War, how can you not mention GoW!!! And SpiderMan, And Bloodborne!

1 Like

Yes yes numerous collection of games especially if you are buying a ps4 like me now…but what came to mind are long story games that have an open & free “world” that you can interact and explore to your heart’s content.

A game that should last like 30 - 50 hrs ends lasting 100 - 300 hrs( If you are going for that platinum)

When you realize that a ka small mobile phone game like Candy Crush saga is sold for 5 billion USD is when your whole perspective of the gaming industry changes.

Let us not derail this thread a lot.

1 Like

Thank you. These guys get carried away easily.

Anyone living around the Donholm area who knows if Safaricom are planning to lay their FTTH line there?

I ended up getting saf faiba. The latency is pretty bad. I do a lot of online gaming. Having anything above 100ms for me is just pointless. I mean zuku is crap but the worst ping i had while gaming was maybe 70ms.
Anyway i had a question. Could anyone kindly let me know the latency you’re getting with Faiba JTL on any EU server. This test is what i use http://www.azurespeed.com/

Or if anyone knows just in general if the latency is better on the JTL connection? Thanks

Does this help? This is JTL Faiba…

1 Like

Used to think this was simply an issue with IDM hogging data unnecessarily. Kumbe this is widespread…

If am downloading a large file on one device, all the other devices can’t access internet. Heck, even accessing internet on the downloading device is a pipedream. Speed test shows everything to be ok. Was expecting several devices to be able to access net albeit total capped to my bandwidth subscription

Safaricom will be Safaricom. Their Home Fibre product is still new but the subscriber base is growing. The Higher the number of subscribers, the poorer their service will be. I will just stick to my Zuku for now and watch.

Considering that they are using ftth, high number of people won’t be an issue. Unless their hardware can’t handle the total traffic, I don’t see how they will have poor service.

They also have the money to improve their Network in case of such issues.

Thanks huge help. Might have to go back to Zuku with my tail between my legs as well. Atleast they’ve reduced their prices.

The issue is not numbers but it seems like Safaricom is giving downloads priority and assigning all the bandwidth to any current download thus leaving the rest of the users without any bandwidth until the download is complete

This is correct. I’m unable to browse anything on computer, TV, or phone when I have a PSN download going. I have the cheapest package, however.

Well,I have been having same issues with FTTH in langata . Apparently when using netflix ,thr full package(1200 bob or sth) , it uses the internet at its maximum. So unless i change my FTTH package ,i cant use the internet if netflix is playing!!!

1 Like

I am on the 10mbps package and I don’t get these issues. However, my friend gas 5mbps and when downloading anything, you can’t browse at all.

Funny how i thought i was the only one with this problem

I’m guessing this all depends with your zone etc…i live in kasarani and we have both options of zuku and safaricom…i have used zuku since 2013 i think and it has been perfect…around june this year it was down thrice for about 30min each time…their customer care were responsive and issue solved…i have the 5mbps package but it pulls upto 6mbps and i am a heavy user i.e i use an android box for streaming every day, laptop and phones…little buffering when all devices are running at the same time…the safaricom one is perfect too and you should get it when you are fond of uploading videos…its upload speeds are high while that of zuku are close to zero…soo it all depends on your zone and how much you are willing to pay…my friend in south b had the zuku 10mbps and mine was waaaaay faster than his…he couldnt event properly stream a youtube video on 720p while i can stream on three devices at the same time.