Safaricom 5G trials in Kenya

That’s the 5GHz band

1 Like

4G Vs 5G…

1 Like

I just hope that people dont fall for it.

this is too low for 5G…We should be talking minimum speeds of 500Mbps or 1Gbps…Anything else is a fraud

Yeah, I know. But issa an Upgrade nonetheless.

Though in reality what we are exitedly calling 5G is simply 4G, while 4G is 3G and so forth…

Edit:
And as you can see in the Pics, this is precisely what I sought out to show… That currently 5G is actually 4G (Speedwise)

Yep,i agree with you on that.

Picked 5G signal on Southern Bypass between Airtel and Langata Road. Didn’t do a speed test.

In addition, It’s important to consider 5GHz, it has 23 non-overlapping channels, especially if you’re in a congested area such as an apartment and don’t want to bishana with neighbours asking them to to conform to one of the non-overlapping channels (1,6 or 11) for 2.4 GHz and/or reduce their signal strength (Tx power)…

Heck it might not even be their routers causing interference as wireless Mice/Keyboards, Microwaves, Car Alarms etc share this space

Which app/platform are you getting these details from? I’m curious.

Netmonster

NEW: You can now access Safaricom 5G’s network on the OPPO Reno6 5G. The phone launched without access to 5G but a new update has now opened up its 5G capabilities.

I have a request, could you please export and upload this NVRAM configurations for me of the oppo Reno 6 5G using modem meta

Why do you want someone else’s IMEI?

I don’t want the IMEI I just want the carrier aggregation configurations, to see if I can implement them on a different mediatek phone

This is quite technical, I wonder if someone can answer this correctly. If your query gets answered I will post one technical issue as well that I need assistance for.

First they need to have home fiber matching those speeds. Hawa watu wako na mchezo sana.

1 Like

You are right agreed.