Revisiting the nokia old glories

A few weeks ago i went over to my sister’s place to visit and over there got this Nokia Xl being used as a music toy to entertain the stubborn son. Since the phone had no meaningful use i picked it with an idea of making it my daily driver/device for a month. It has been two weeks now and am kinda impressed by the hardware of this phone coz i have dropped it more than once not twice or thrice,the only dent i got was on the edges and no cracks at all. Software is meh but still running. The speakers that is the earpiece and the back speaker are loud and crisp clear this made me understand why it was used for music and thats where this device impresses me as a music lover. Remember this is a 2014 device its 3yrs down the line which brings me to the question what was your favorite Nokia of all time and what did u love about it? I have used several nokias from nokia 1110 to nokia 3310 then to nokia asha 210 then to nokia lumia 1020 which impressed in camera now am using the xl and i love the sound quality. Lets have fun share your nokia experience and revive the old glory as Nokia transitions to Android.

Snake snake snake. Owning a 3310 was a dream. However, the name Nokia gives me memories of my mom. My big brother used to buy our dad Motorolas but as for me, I used to buy our mom Nokias only. I can’t remember the model numbers but the batteries used to last long that mom would even forget to charge the phone. Mnaongea anaenda mteja. You ask her laters anasema ali charge simu last like 3 weeks ago.
Unfortunately, our parents are now in a safer place and that last Nokia phone I bought mom alikaa nayo like 5 months before she departed. The phone is still there but I think our last born brother ndiye anaitumiaga kueka line yake moja hapo ndani. Still a rock solid phone. Hiyo simu imekunyishwa maji na siz, bro, an cuzo sijui mara ngapi but still works very well to date.

1 Like

Nokia N8. Probably my first smartphone. I loved the build quality of that device and the camera was also very impressive. I wish I could have a go with it right now.

1 Like