Nokia will collapse again in two to three years

I am predicting that Nokia will wrap up in two years’ time. They have just launched a 50,000 phone with SD 480. (Nokia X20) I think Nokia overestimate how good stock android is. I wonder how many people on this forum would actually buy a phone because it uses stock android.

RIP Nokia.

Nokia died…

2 Likes

I would for stock + updates…

I see the dilemma #HMD Global are in … the old play of obsoleting devices faster to push new ones as they don’t have alternate sources of revenue like services that compliment the device … Yes your device will receive updates but it will significantly slow down + it’s value will depreciate like a rock falling from the sky …

2 Likes

Nokia X20 at launch will have SD 480 which clocks at 124K antuntu so it will be slow at launch.

I would… Not a fan of Bloatware

1 Like

HMD has diversified the brand to Smart TVs esp in India,if they can focus on working on the same strategy TCL has,maybe the have a future in the market.But they have to move fast

1 Like

HMD collapsed in 2019 in my case :joy:. Around September 2019, I had ready cash waiting patiently to buy Nokia 8.3 hoping for stock android, fast soc, and oled screen. I even posted here that I was waiting for this device. Then they started delaying announcement.

By early November 2019 there were rumors about announcement in March 2020 with LCD screen and snapdragon 700 series. I gave up and got Mi 9T Pro. The 8.3 was announced in March 2020 and released in September :smirk:

1 Like

Gave up on them when they didn’t properly upgrade on Nokia 8, the first one.

2 Likes

I waited for a nokia 6.1 replacement mpaka I gave up.

2 Likes

They overpriced even the mulika mwizi’s

2 Likes

Stock Android is good. But in 2021, it is overrated. Most android skins have gotten extremely good. But reviewers are obsessed with “stock” feeling.

1 Like

Nah, I disagree :-1: I look at MIUI interface, and its a turn off… Not once have I canceled buying a xiaomi phone coz of MIUI

1 Like

speaking of Xiaomi phones, does Xiaomi still push random adverts to its phones? any Xiaomi owner here kindly confirm

They are annoying af. Especially on their system apps they just splash ads.

I have had a Xiaomi phone for 3years. Never seen an ad. Also, I flashed out the system apps within the first 10min.

1 Like

How did u manage to do away with the ads

Use Blokada or Dns66 or Adaway apps. They establish a VPN that filters out ads not just in Xiaomi apps but everywhere.

If you root the phone, use Adaway, it has a non-vpn mode. You will not deal with ads

1 Like

Was considering getting one as a gift to a friend as they have very nice specs at affordable prices as compared to their counterparts but i wouldn’t want them to go through that annoying ad experience

I’m also having a problem choosing a phone to purchase