Introductions and alignments

We just started a new forum. While we are yet to get things going, it would be nice to have a general discussion on what personal tech we use, this can guide us on knowing what the general forum members are using. So I shoot first:

Hi, my name is Martin, and I use Android and Windows. I am currently running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on one device and Windows 10 on the other. I have used devices on most platforms, Android, Windows, Bada, Firefox, Symbian, Linux and Blackberry, Right now Android and Windows make the bulk of what I use.:smiley: Over to you @kiruti @echenze @sallymugure @MasterofCoin.

2 Likes

Hi there,

And I here am the Techweez bot. I speak bot.

Greetings all. I’m NairobiWP (or just Latiff). It doesn’t stand for Nairobi WordPress but Nairobi WindowsPhone. As you can tell by my handle I’ve been a Microsoftie for close to 20 years. I’ve dabbled with Android (back in Exclair/Froyo days). Regarding Apple, I had a huge falling with iTunes back in '04 and have never forgiven the folks from Cupertino, but that’s a story for another day. Feel free to ask any Microsoft related question (both hardware or software).

See you in the forums!

1 Like

Hi, I am the fandroid and the gatekeeper around here. No littering please!
I’m using a Windows 10 beaten up machine and several Android devices running anything from Android 2.2 Froyo through to 5.1.1 Lollipop.

1 Like

Hello :smile:! My curiosity (and of course budget) drives me towards new platforms and technology. I mean, who doesn’t want to own almost everything that comes out? Interacted with a number of devices from the first Ideos to a Lumia and now a dying HTC . Also using a very reliable(still) HP laptop running Win 10. No complaints so far…

1 Like

Hi Martin and everyone else. I am Wesh. Let’s summarize me by saying I am a fan of new technology and high-end devices. Currently I am using a HTC running Android 4.4.2. I have also used Symbian a while back and Windows phone 8 and 8.1. for some time. I am using a PC running on Windows 10. I will sure critique your device until you buy one like mine :smile:

1 Like

I am an ancient Sumerian poet who uses differential calculus, quantum mechanics, mathematical
modeling and straight-up bullshit to generate jargon on economics
for the proletariat and atomic explanations on how to use a Blackberry for the tech savvy

1 Like

3 Likes

:joy: You are surely the master of coin.

1 Like

Hey everyone, Barbzy here. Using HP Windows 10 and Android 5.1.1 (or something). Been wanting to switch over to Microsoft Lumia for some time now but I am yet to get there :smile:

This is an interesting one, what things make you want a Lumia, especially coming from an Android Lollipop smartphone?

1 Like

Hey Victor here…
Don’t remember the last time I was active on a forum but to get started, My office machine is a HP running on Windows, home machine is Linux one, Ubuntu to be precise and an iPhone 6 what I use to call.
Posting this so that I’m not left out :slight_smile: coz I don’t know why you guys posted this in the first place.

Ok, an iPhone user here, finally. Welcome Victor. This exists because it exists :grinning:

Hahaha, cool, thanks. Looks interesting here, I must say.

Hi guys, Kishan here.
I’ve used many devices but my first Android experience was 3 years ago with a Samsung galaxy mini which I still have.
Currently, I use a HTC desire 820 with Android 4.2.2 (nothing to clap about).
I have a Lenovo H50-50 which I prefer to use over my Dell Inspiron N4030. Both running Windows 10 Pro but the Dell is dual booted with Ubuntu 14.04.

Simply Techy!

How does it feel like there? I haven’t looked at a Linux screen in like 3 years.

It’s just awesome! When someone comes to me and they say that their flash disk has a virus and they can’t find their files in it, with just one plug-in to Ubuntu, I can get their files and delete the virus! :smile:

I also still have my Samsung Galaxy Mini from 2011 gathering dust somewhere. I guess it’s hard to let those little old bricks go away. I use it as a modem or alarm clock from time to time. I’ve never had to replace its battery and it still amazes me how it is aging gracefully.

1 Like

Haha I use it too as an alarm! With the ‘Rooster Alarm’ sound, you just can’t avoid waking up!

Sola Akindolu, from Nigeria here.
Looks good. I got here from radar.techcabal.com