Internet is fast but sluggish when tethering - Telkom Help

I have been experiencing this problem for a while now. My Telkom internet is very fast judging by the speed tests and browsing on my phone. I get over 20mbps down. That means the speeds are so good.

However, here is the problem. When I tether the connection to my PCs and do a speed test, the speeds remain the same as mentioned above but when it comes to browsing on the PC, it is so sluggish when loading pages. Strange enough, downloads are super fast on the PC.

I thought it’s my PC browsers, but when I tether Safaricom internet, which gives me half the speeds Telkom is giving me, I do not experience any sluggishness of loading pages when browsing on the PC.

How do I resolve this problem.

First thing would be to uninstall and re-install your browser. If the problem persists, make sure to check for unwanted extensions on your browser and uninstall them.

Even better, you can install Malwarebytes and clean your pc and then restart.If the problem still persists , then try setting the DNS to default google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 .

If after this you still have the problem , then for sure I cannot help

It affects all browsers. Some of them don’t have extensions like Firefox and Opera.

Let me give these a try. Thanks

Yesterday my dad got a Telkom Mifi outer from redeeming Ziada points. Line came with 10GB preloaded and the speeds were terrifyingly slow compared to what I get on my line on my phone. You could be on to something

Exactly. Try downloading and you’ll notice that the speeds are great same as what you’re experiencing on the phone. Unashindwa what’s up.

1 Like

Have tried the good old usb tethering, had the same issue last month on wireless tether but usb tether works just fine.

1 Like

So tuseme they might be throttling when sharing internet with other devices

I forgot to mention. Yes when you USB tether it works great. Sasa nashindwa whats up.

Not really. they should be happy juu hapo bundles zinaenda kuenda. Pia kama ni that download speeds should be throttled too.

Meeen you’ve helped me resolve one problem. My PC’s fan would go haywire whenever I connect to the internet. Kumbe mtu ana chew tu ma bitcoins moss moss pahali.

After the restart the fan is not even running kama kitambo. That thing ilianza like 2 years ago. Thanks man.

Capturedfadfa

Can’t believe it’s actually worked on my side too, nimepata like 21 threats and after restarting speeds are ok… Let me see if it will still maintain during this weekend

1 Like

Thought I should also mention this, nimeswitch APN setting from “Telkom” to “Orange Kenya” and I think pia this one might have helped though not sure

Former:
telkom

Current:
orange

Current Speedtests:

It’s not much but better than the 200kbps I was getting before and also judging from the upload speeds I think pia there’s high usage in my area at this night hour so will keep testing over the weekend

1 Like

Observing too. The PC is so so silent. Yaani the fan is not running at all. That is how it used to behave when it was brand new 5 years ago.

1 Like

Sasa hii Malwarebytes wapi tutapata na bei ya mkulima mdogo?

:joy::joy: acha tutatafuta ka kuna ujanja

1 Like

Set the Wifi Connection from non-metered to metered connection. Click on the wifi name, then right click on it to view these options.
set-as-metered-connection

Worrying is the ease of integrating crypto-currency miners on web platforms and now your mobile apps aka Crypto-Jacking … At a point last year there was a rise of websites being hacked only for the crypto-jackers to be added …

Monero(XMR) through abuse of #Coinhive was the biggest and easiest way to do this but fortunately the service died but webminepool.com is an alternative after it’s death… visits to some torrenting sites while not using #adblockers may result to miners using your cpu …also you have to be patient and go through the installation process carefully with installers you download for programmes on #microsoft:windows

Or better join the Linux Master Race where you are responsible for your updates, practices and security :sunglasses:

I’ll be careful on this. Have installed and installed tons of software for various purposes .

Reminds me of the time when I could request Ubuntu to send me a free soft copy of Ubuntu. The smile I got when I found the CD intact our post office box. Could run it on PCs for fun. Awesome moments.

Let me get the latest version and see how they’ve improved over the years. How I wish Microsoft built Office for Ubuntu. Ningehama.

1 Like

Imepatikana msee. How about a 4-YEAR LICENSE for roughly 1,000bob? It’s a student discount/donation license.

Found some guy here who hooked me up. License costs $5 but the guy will charge you $3.75. So roughly that’s a 1,000bob. Anyway, been lucky amenipea for free I buy in exchange for kutoa ushuhuda

https://www.kenyatalk.com/index.php?threads/malwarebytes-premium-4-years-for-only-8-75-offer.116067/#=

:astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished: 4-YEARS

yangu nilidownload OnHax site inafanya kazi fiti sana