Ihub going commercial and local techies 'investing'

Turns out the local techies didn’t exactly put in money as was communicated. Whispers have it that the money was put in mostly by a single individual, who also represents an investor in other ventures and startups in Kenya. And that the Kenyan techies didn’t exactly put in money. I repeat, these are whispers and I wouldn’t report as factual.

Let’s see how this goes.

The iHub has indeed been a big factor in the growth of the local tech scene and has indeed even contributed to Ngong Road, Hurlingham and Kilimani as the tech capitals for almost all upcoming startups …almost all startups seem to be based between China Centre to Junction :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

iHub is quite a factor here, but you realize tech is a ‘cool’ business, and thus the region feels ideal to do business in. You know, live and work close to home. Kilimani, Lavington, Kileleshwa, Jamhuri and Karen are good places to live in for techies. Plus there is an influx of foreigners coming to explore the ‘booming’ Silicon Savannah opportunities. Same way mushrooms grow together is what’s happening.

1 Like

at first i read “You know, live and work close to home” assuming home is ihub , this is true for a techie , and it came out really funny ! :joy:

1 Like