Got Windows 10 Issues? Unburden your stress here

I had those Wi-Fi issues after upgrading to Win 8.1 from 7 sometime back. Blame it on Microsoft’s version of the WiFi driver.

Yes, KB890830 is installed. Could be a driver incompatibility issue. I’ll stick to Win 10.0 (Build 10240) for now and probably perform a fresh install later. And no, I don’t have any VPN software installed

1 Like

Probably some driver incompatibility,just update

To stop windows update, go to control panel, then to system and security, look for administrative tools then click on services after which go down and search for windows update, right click on it and choose properties. on the General tab, look for the startup type section, it should have the default option as “Automatic (delayed Start)”…click on this and choose disabled. Thats it. To turn windows update back on…do the same procedure and change the disable part to Automatic (delayed Start).

1 Like

For the updates, there are two methods i’ve used: setting up a connection as a metered connection and using the group policy editor. This link explains the whole thing and has screenshots: http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/features/how-to-disable-windows-10-automatic-updates-728049
My sister has windows 10 on her laptop (i decided to stick to windows 7) and the only issue I’ve seen is that once in a while a window asking you to check for updates will pop up, and you can’t do anything else until you’ve acknowledged it. It then takes you to the update settings, but from there you can just close the window and you don’t have to download the updates.
Also I don’t believe you can open and edit the group policy editor on the most basic version of windows. For me, it worked on windows 10 professional.

1 Like

I have one BRILLIANT suggestion that you will probably thank me for in the long run.
Migrate to OS X or a linux distro :sunglasses:

Different set of problems but very rewarding if you are able to navigate through the initial problems phase :joy:

1 Like

What has been the success rate in history about this set of advice?

Very successful. On the later especially you have them setup archlinux and after 2 weeks they learn to hunt for themselves. No more endless questions :stuck_out_tongue:

For starters, I have never been able to boot my windows 10 since I upgraded. Luckily I have Ubuntu on my machine so that is now my primary OS and i can access any files I had on Windows

1 Like