Faiba Set top Box

Anyone with more insights??

It’s not a set top box but your average Android box. For 10k you’re better off with the 6k Safaricom box that has Android TV and terrestrial TV.

1 Like

Yeah Faiba trying to be Apple here

It went back to 10k, still 6k for Safaricom fiber customers though. I wonder if it’s locked to the purchaser though, someone could be making a killing reselling this after purchasing at a discount.

You’re assuming the demand is that high. It’s been up and down, you can almost predict it will be back to 6k again soon.

1 Like

The only thing that will determine its success is the price… at 10k they will be begging customers

I found this
Capture1

1 Like

My bad. I have always believed it to be an Android box only. But I don’t know anyone who owns one outside of JTL.

it’s not a new product. It was introduced kitambo probably 2015 or 2016 and failed to make a dent in the market. Consequently, it’s not easy to get one since they are not really marketed.
It is an android streaming box only, no DVB-T2 receiver. Not legit android TV but those Chinese ones of android ya kawaida slapped with a big screen launcher. A buddy of mine has one.

3 Likes

JTL never learns it seems

Despite Safaricom locking out Netflix and having a remote lacking important functionalities, I still prefer their android box coz it has;

• Bluetooth 4.1 + Bluetooth Low Energy
  • 4G LTE connectivity
  • Free-to-Air Digital TV channels
  • Chrome Cast support to mirror your phone or tablet to your TV
  • Wi-Fi hotspot for up to 8 users…
  • Wi-fi receiver (802.11n Wi-Fi) meaning you can use different ISP other than Safcom
  • 32GB Internal storage, * USB port and Dolby Audio
1 Like

Netflix is the problem and not Safaricom

uhmm kindly clarify, and does this mean that it can’t be accessible via the box’s browser too?

It was mentioned in another topic.

2 Likes