Faiba 4G Throttling Speeds

Any good Router recommendations that can work with the three Providers… Mifi or otherwise…

Just realized that I didn’t have Faiba APN settings. Searched online and configured them manually.

The speeds on Band 3 are impressive.

Here are the results. They only need to work on uploads.

Indoors.

!

1 Like

Guys,where can one buy or get a Faiba 4G sim card in Town?

can you post the APN settings here so we can also configure please?

Post the settings i also try it out ASAP…

@Dree_Alexander @Stiffler254

Name: Faiba4G
APN: faiba.co.ke
APN type: default
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: Not set
MMS proxy: Not set
MCC: 639
MNC: 10
Authentication type: Not set
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified

1 Like

Last time I visited their dealer at Vedic house Mama Ngina Street, room 201/202

The APN Worked. Though the speeds are disappointing. Almost half of the Usual speeds with the old Band…

Thanks,i went to Jamii towers and got my faiba4G simcard…its actually free though i paid Ksh300 to get the 8GB data bundle…Just got home,put the sim on the TP Link 4G router in my room and configured with the APN details above and its good to go…I ran a speedtest,got ping of 36ms,Download 11Mbps upload 1Mbps…Not bad btw.Already using it to surf and this comment is courtesy of Faiba 4G internet.

5 Likes

Props to them, though has your phone ever connected to 4G+, I am only getting 4G.
It seems in my area as much as band 3 and 28 are available, they might not have been set up to use Carrier Aggregation (4G+) but so far band 3 speeds are good.

Though, I don’t think it will last long as people notice they can use faiba on their previously unsupported phones.

Sadly my phone doesn’t have Band 28. :neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:

But they do claim whole of Nairobi is 4G+ ready.

Sorry bro. Shida yao kuwategemea they boost the network ni shida. May be 4G+ will help?

1 Like

4G+ is a Myth

1 Like

It is but at least carrier aggregation helps like we’ve seen on Safaricom and Airtel (areas with 4G+).

In kangemi today Band 3 is stupid fast :astonished::astonished::astonished:

One of the main problems with JTL is its marketing department. It’s like the marketing team and engineering department do not work for the same company.

For example, JTL has been shouting at the rooftops that all Nairobi has 4G+. I have confirmed there are several places within the real Nairobi county that still operate on only Band 28 (or band 3 exists without any carrier aggregation).

Another example, there was a time JTL was claiming in its adverts “get a fixed fibre connection, up to 1Gbps.” I went to their offices and they were astonished there was such an advert.

Another example, “our fixed internet is everywhere in Nairobi.” When you ask for a connection you are told “your area is not GPON ready.”

Hawa majamaa need to be sued for gross misleading adverts :smirk: :smirk:

5 Likes