Drones in Kenya

Anyone who has Brought in a drone (kid or adult), what was your experience. Last i checked there was some proposals to regulate and discourage use of drones…

Drones na cocaine ziko league moja kenya…:joy:

In small events like weddings I have seen them …

I don’t know what the situation is for the non-commercial/hobbyist but from MicroDrone Africa there have been amazing videos on their YouTube channel such as …

Wow, this video is awesome in full resolution. I believe such videos are the reason the govt enacted legislation that restrict commoners from owning a drone. Imagine an amateur purchasing a DJI copycat and trying to record Nairobi footage on a busy day… then maybe makes an error or the thing malfunctions… :joy::joy:

Well, I read that there were draft regulation proposals which to me seemed very unrealistic.
Other Countries have successfully allowed drones without resorting to punitive measures…

A few months back I called KAA, they say that drones are illegal in Ke, that they need to legislate something. Reality is that some folk will not wait, would rather take a risk. Have seen lots of drone footage shot in Ke, even one of the news channels sometimes shoots traffic footage with a drone. If you’re caught at the airport, it get confiscated. I also hear that corrupt guy at the airport sell the confiscated drones.

Well I did bring one in…
It currently ain’t illegal per se…
Just that guys especially at JKIA are a hungry lot and u are likely to leave the Drone behind…
Only for it to disappear later on

It’s legal, and there are rules governing use, quite tough though.

Someone up there was up there said he was told by KAA that the Regulations were yet to be effected …

I get it. The government has security concerns. But this raises the issue of how far the government should go in the regulation of tech