CCTV Recommendations

So guys, my house was swept clean of all electronic devices with no forced entry, every other thing was left intact and nobody seems to have seen anything. Mauchungu nayo? I’m seriously thinking of installing a CCTV system in my house and I sincerely don’t know where to start.

The CCTV i have in mind should atleast have:-
+Audio Visual Recording capability
+Ability to Pan and Tilt remotely
+Wireless Connection
+Infrared LEDs for night vision
+Inbuilt SD Card slot
+Indoor Use Only

I need recommendations on what components to buy, where to get them (including purchase price) and how to go about it etc. A DIY type CCTV system is encouraged. Anyone with an existing CCTV that is disappointing also mention it here so that we don’t make that same mistake.

3 Likes

Obviously nimegoogle, but I have been considering getting Nest Cam IQ Indoor for a long time. However, the cost is a bitter pill at $299. Perhaps you should consider Ring Stick Up Cam ($99) or Wyze Cam V3 ($20). As a fanboy I like Google’s Nest due to features. Remember, on top of $299, you still have to pay $120 yearly for cloud storage if you need 10 days of video history (24/7).

Edit: Pole for the robbery.

1 Like

Pole .Check these options available locally for around 4500 per unit .You also need to invest in a good SD card. You will get the Xiaomi pale 3 floor Bihi Towers along Moi Avenue . For Ezviz the local Hikvision resellers at White Ash Plaza have the units . I have been installing this units in salons .

3 Likes

I cant find this place on google maps, is there another name I can use to find it on Google Maps?

-1.2836083526866036, 36.827586345721556
Its at the Munyu road- Gaberone road Junction . The old Kenya Mpya Stage.

2 Likes

I use Mi Home 360 ip camera. Does all you have listed. If motion is detected, the clip is saved automatically to their cloud servers. Local storage is about 7 days if using 64gb.
I installed it in shags and use bundles powered Wi-Fi for access. One year on, no complaints. I’ve placed it indoors on a window, it’s AI not so intelligent, sometimes, a dog passes by and I get a push notification of “person detected”

2 Likes

Men are dogs.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Pole bana. Went through the same Dec 29th.

1 Like

Still recovering from the shock, got myself the Mi 360 Home Security Camera 2K at 5,000/- now monitoring my living room and front door 24/7

Maybe you should also consider changing the Locks…

2 Likes