Best Laptop for AutoCAD for Engineers and Architect

Which is the best laptop for doing autoCAD with for professionals such as architects or engineers. Is it better to import or buy locally? Is refurb much better than new? Is mac book a good option

1 Like

Importing will get you value for money .

1 Like

But I have calculated the hustle and cost of importing is somehow similar buying a macbook from my phone place Kenya. In terms of performance it is very comparable to the new M1 chips. Are apple laptops not good for AutoCAD.

https://www.phoneplacekenya.com/product/macbook-pro-13-inch-m1-chip/

A great list not sure it has “Architects” programs …Searching on CAD I see close to all work on Rosetta 2 …

Maybe follow “Architects” who create content on what tools they use daily in their work?

Here are some suggestions:

1. Dell XPS15 — The best laptop for AutoCAD in 2022 overall
  2. Acer Aspire 5 A 515-56 — The best budget laptop for AutoCAD
  3. MacBook Air — The best value laptop for CAD
  4. MacBook Pro — The best Mac laptop for AutoCAD
  5. LG Gram 17 — The best large-screen laptop for AutoCAD
  6. HP Spectre X360 — The best 2-in-1 laptop for AutoCAD
  7. Acer ConceptD 7 — The best high-end laptop for AutoCAD
  8. Razer Blade15 — The best gaming laptop for AutoCAD
  9. Lenovo Ideapad 3 — The best laptop for 3D designs in AutoCAD
  10. Acer Predator Helios 300 — The best cooling laptop for AutoCAD
  11. Surface Laptop Studio — The best heavy-duty laptop for AutoCAD
  12. MSI GS66 — The best color-accurate laptop for CAD
  13. Lenovo ThinkPad P52s – The best workstation for CAD
2 Likes

Thanks for the comprehensive list.

Looking at the American market they are struggling with inflation and chain supply issues, so I think right now things are expensive. Should I wait for prices to go down or i it just in my head?

The “big guys” (Samsung, Apple) are, for the most part, unaffected by supply issues (probably because they are usually prioritized by everyone dealing with them). If you want something now, you should maybe go with their products.

But because there is pent up demand the prices are high.

If you’re buying from dealers.

Am using Dell Latitude 5590. Civil 3D and Adobe After Effects run flawlessly…

Macbook is the most ideal option for AutoCAD. But pricey. Personally, I use ASUS VivoBook 14 M413.
I chose a laptop for work for a long time, about a month.
I bought my first Asus in 2008, which is still working, so I decided not to change my favorite brand and did not lose. I have been using the laptop for more than a month, no shortcomings have been identified.
Reinstalled Windows 10 is pretty straightforward and easy to use. It turns on quickly, does not hang, does not tupit, does not make noise.

Boss,my advice if you need a laptop for this kind of work dont wait for prices to drop.Look at your budget and work with it. Focus on the specs,Has to be minimum core i7(8 cores),16GB RAM, 1TB SSD and preferably with Nvidia/AMD graphics.Windows has to be at least Windows 10 Pro…Refurb or Brand new is not really much of a big deal as long as the specs are great any will do. Macbook is great if you have the budget to buy and maintain it,Otherwise stick to a windows laptop. My Young siz bought hers from the UK brand new and she uses it for her engineering classes with AutoCAD and Revit…So importing is better value for money anyday when it comes to professional tools.

I dont think so the prices are going to come down anytime soon. In fact, there are chances that you might see a price hike in these.

Prices might not go down anytime soon. I recommend you look for a brand laptop, say HP, Dell, or Lenovo with a good i5 processor (at least), 16GB RAM, and 256GB SSD. SSD will make sure you load your software and boot in seconds. Don’t shy away from used ex-UK machines too. They should hold you until things get back to some sort of normal. Better yet might surprise you by lasting throughout your school life. Desktops are a good option too, if you don’t mind not being remote.

Here’s a list of desktops that work more or less the same: Don’t pay too much attention to the heading, they work more or less the same.
look for since I can’t post links “Best laptop for Autocad”
“best laptops for project managers”

The key thing is the feature list which I think you can find hapa tao tu. Try Jamia mosque

how much your budget ?

Thank you all for the advice. I’ve decided to wait for prices to go down and also for newer and better chipsets to be released. If you look at the performance of the M1s and also the new line of intel laptop chipsets, they’re powerful. So what about one or two years down the line. And I will continue saving to increase my budget.

1 Like

Chipsets are already amazing. The only issue is Covid saved the laptop market.

I have also postponed purchasing a laptop because the machine I salivate for goes for 110,000/= if I import it or 175,000/= at Bright Computers.

On the eve of Covid, the same machine retailed at 70,000/=. Sadly, I didn’t have money totally.

I decided to import one too. Will be using it for Autocad and similar applications.
I’m not into gaming, just wanted to stay safe for few years.

Which shipping company did you use and at what rates ?