App Based Mass Transit Solutions coming up in 2019,Your thoughts?

ION,Meanwhile BRT buses are coming inland,first batches being trucked in…

1 Like

Little shuttle are already live on their pilot…currently coordinating through their WhatsApp group,where they also availed a beta version of the little app that includes the little shuttle service…

Waa
That feedback…
You could have told them what you e
didn’t like…

the little shuttle team ama swvl,swvl i am always giving them feedback and they are taking it positively…the little shuttle team doesnt give a shit…at least to my feedback in my opinion…Their app is still barely functional and needs to be fully fleshed out,meantime for the pilot they are taking in feedback and bookings via whatsapp…swvl i can give them feedback via the app or email…

1 Like

Whatsapp? For feedback and bookings? That’s just dumb.

i agree but they got a lot to learn and they arent moving fast enough,Swvl is now on three routes while Little Shuttle are on One long route thats criss crossing the city.

I’m curious to know the price Swvl decides to settle for when they get out of beta… Coz the current 200 is too steep.

1 Like

I agree the Ksh 200 is too steep,i feel the sweet spot for pricing would be anywhere between Ksh 50 and Ksh 100 depending on the route…On that note,the free rides are done…now they have shared a new promo code KES50 which converts the Ksh 200 flat rate into Ksh 50 flat rate for the entire route…Still very enticing and very economical,This week the expectation is to see how payment by cash and other options takes shape,workout those payment kinks…The captains/drivers start taking fare and all that…so Swvl gauge demand and experiment with various price points…this beta period runs for three months so they have plenty of time to get as much feedback as possible and improve their offerings while growing organically.

1 Like

ION This tuesday,little shuttle are launching 6 buses on three routes…Sukari to Westlands,the hub to yaya and South B to Kikuyu…free for the next 1 month…i.e Entire february…More details coming…

3 Likes

Swvl is also experimenting with the availability of rides. Probably as they gauge demand and shift around the buses on different routes during the beta. Depending on the route, pickup point and drop off point you may find that a ride is only available Tuesday to Thursday, others from Monday to Thursday, etc.

BOMAS > UPPERHILL > GPO
‘Galleria’
‘Bomas’
‘Barracks’
‘Kws’
‘Uhuru gardens’
‘Wilson’
‘Nairobi west prison’
‘Mbagathi RBT. Stage’
‘Riara’
‘Highrise’
‘Kenyatta market’
‘Memorial’
‘Mosque’
‘Kmtc’
‘Library’
‘NHIF’
‘Serena’
‘GPO’

KAHAWA SUKARI TO WESTLANDS

Engen Kahawa Sukari
Kahawa Wendani
Githurai 45
Roysambu Bridge
Safari Park
Garden City
AllSops
Drive In
KCA
Utalii
Muthaiga
Chiromo
Delta
Westlands
UNHCR
Safaricom
ABC

SOUTH B TO KINOO

Winners
NextGen
Bellevue
Makaburuni
GPO
Chiromo
Delta
Westlands Stage
Safaricom
ABC Place
James Gichuru
Waruku
Kangemi
Mountain View
Uthiru
Kinoo
Muthiga
Regen

1 Like

if you are interested in participating in the little shuttle bus pilot,kindly join asap before its closed…Give feedback and get the updated routes and apps and other infor here https://chat.whatsapp.com/H4n7RXjMZOqJ5fq0NuNENa

I was considering boarding today and I see why it would have been a bad idea. They posted their success on Twitter. Ningekuwa hapo nimeng’ethia kwa social media.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: Bila malipo ya marketing/modeling

Swvl has an uphill marketing task ahead of them. Their buses have been going around empty for almost a month and Little are full on day one. Though we will see how full they are when the free offer ends.

I agree,during this pilot phase…its not appropriate to market yourself so widely…

2 Likes

I hate to say this but i like Swvl’s strategy…First,they are growing their numbers organically,word of mouth and a bit of social media…thank God the TV guys are not covering them yet coz their app and service experience for the customer is way better than little shuttle.First honestly i have been unable to book and board a little shuttle bus coz their booking experience is terrible,there is no boarding pass/no booking number,when you call the driver the app crashes,lastly you cant cancel a booking with them and it reflects on the history section like you went on it.Then also you cant track the bus,their notifications don’t work and the driver doesn’t call to check so he/she doesnt know if you are at the stop…in short the little app is way buggier than the Swvl one…then there is the issue of overloading,i think the little shuttle buses are carrying way more people than the design of the bus can accomodate comfortably in some trips.I wish to note that till now i have tried and i have been unable to successfully book and board a little shuttle bus at the times i have booked,in fact i havent had a ride in that shuttle bus at all…lastly,the little shuttle team are poorly handling feedback,they dont seem to take feedback and work on it as fast as the competition and they are not very responsive,but thats my opinion…they are rushing and making mistakes,not forgetting the matatu industry has noticed them now and will fight them if they dont get what they want…Well,Good thing this is the beginning of a race and little may have numbers now but lets see who wins in the end…

3 Likes

ION Swvl just launched the ndenderu CBD route now,plus they have changed their CBD stops,probably to avoid matatu conflict and kanjo guys…crown bus station is ideal coz some tour operators with similar vehicles operate from there with similar buses.

I feel like Swvl needs to change that name. Whenever I try marketing their services to friends, people are like, “ati ulisema inaitwa?” Others think it’s little :joy:

2 Likes

has someone here been able to actually book a little shuttle bus and get on it…i would like to know their experience coz i have completely been unable to book and get a shuttle successfully.I have resorted to using Swvl for now,speaking of which…swvl has added more routes…CBD-Ngong Road-Karen and CBD-Ruaka-Ndenderu routes…

1 Like