Android Phones To Buy In 2019

Hey people! Any suggestions for which android phones to buy in the year 2019?

What are you looking for in the phone, or what purpose should it serve?

Budget?

There’s a plethora of devices to choose from.

1 Like

Budget is needed?

1 Like

I personally recommend the Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 going for 25k,out of my own personal experience with my phone…But as Wiz has said above,budget muhimu…

1 Like

@Mobkay mostly Camera and Storage features. As I am fond of Photography but I can not afford DSLR or SLRs, I would like to go with high-quality camera resolution in mobile phones.

@wizmelavin budget is around $500-$600.

Hi. A Samsung Note 9(128GB, 6GB ram) falls within your budget…60k at Avechi.

1 Like

Check out umidigi X

UMIDIGI X In-screen Fingerprint 6.35" AMOLED 48MP Triple Rear Camera 128GB NFC Helio P60 4150mAh
$200
25K plus import fees +taxes+currency conversion

1 Like

Get a Oneplus 7. If you can get $600, an additional $40 is not a problem.

1 Like

This one probably wins. One of the best cameras you can get, very fast phone. The S10 is also a very good phone at maybe 65k I guess

1 Like

ROG phone II. The most specced android phone to date. At 59k on Avechi. A second one you should consider is Samsung note 9. At 60k on Avechi

1 Like

Yes, at around 67k you can get the Samsung Galaxy s10 from Avechi. Could be lower if you look around. There is also the Samsung Galaxy s10e at 58/59k from Phone Place Kenya(not sure about this place). I would rather just buy the Note 9 instead of the s10e.

1 Like

A friend has the Oppo f11 pro he got it at 37k it’s quite a looker very nice device.

1 Like

I don’t know how they are managing to sell it at this price, but I approve this… At 60k he shouldn’t pick anything with less than SD855… imo.

1 Like

I was also surprised when I saw the price tag. They are selling it cheaper than Amazon, it is confusing

1 Like

The Camera though…

1 Like

That camera is justified for the price and the extra features you get from that phone honestly. While it’s not pixel-class camera, its not a budget-class either and it will likely satisfy the needs of most users.

1 Like

Are those extra features really that important for this particular user who is “fond of photography”? I don’t know, I would go for the note…

Slap Gcam apk on any android phone with a decent sensor and your camera complaints are gone. It has 48 megapixels. I am sure it will compete with Note 9 stock camera. I have a $300 android. Gcam puts the quality of my photos up there with the big boys that go for $700.

Lol. Stupid suggestions. Why don’t you go for an affordable DSLR camera and get a mid ranger.
DSLR with compact lenses should probably be about Ksh. 40,000.
Then a mid range device of about Ksh. 20,000.

1 Like

Photography oriented the Note 9 Easily wins. Competing with S10 if he has that extra 5 to 10k. ROG Phone is for gamers and enthusiasts. Imagine taking photos with a 240g phone, probably 280g with a case. You would be tired after 5 photos :joy::joy::joy::joy:. The phone should include a free belt because sioni any trouser ikivumilia

1 Like