Wordpress for Google Docs Chrome Extension for collaborating introduced

wordpress

So Wordpress earlier today introduced “Wordpress for Google DOcs” a Google Chrome extension for collaborating on Wordpress articles. Something I think is brilliant and overdue. I wonder why Wordpress thought to introduce a collaborating feature outside of Wordpress itself.

We are happy to announce WordPress.com for Google Docs, a new add-on that lets you write, edit, and collaborate in Google Docs, then save it as a blog post on any WordPress.com or Jetpack-connected WordPress site. Your images and most formatting will carry over too. No more copy-and-paste headaches!

Compose a document in Google Docs and send it directly to any WordPress.com or Jetpack powered WordPress.org site as a draft post.
Instead of copying and pasting from Google Docs to WordPress and losing your images and formatting in the process, this add-on makes it easy to compose in Google Docs and publish to WordPress with formatting intact and images being uploaded properly.

After installing the add-on, you’ll be able to open WordPress.com for Google Docs in any Google Doc and connect your sites.

I personally don’t use Google Docs for writing articles. I prefer just going straight to the wordpress editor.