Wireless Earphones/Headphones - Are They a Thing Now?

I am on this, thank you very much.

Looked for these locally and only saw them on Jumia at 1700/=. Anyone know of a cheaper place locally?

Import is the word dude… IMPORT!!

Why did you give up on wireless?

Finally got these. I think they are among the best earphones I have owned in terms of audio quality. I wish I could have the headphones as well.

Just to know where you’re coming from given your high regard for the pace mate’s audio quality, could you please give us example(s) of some wired earbuds you have used before which you think have inferior sound quality to the pace mate… It will be very much appreciated.

Also, have you experienced any sort of latency in the Bluetooth connection causing delay between the audio and video on your phone (particularly playing 3D games and watching h265 videos, and…

Finally, what SoC does your phone have (Qualcomm, MediaTek, Kirin, or Exynos.

Also very interested in knowing what earphones guys praising the pacemates have used in the past because i legit feel that these pace products are overpriced/overhyped.

I have actually not used so many of them but the ones I recall are Ovleng (cost about $7), Skull Candy Titans (cost $30+ and were useful for very long) then Sony MDRs and some other back and whites (can’t remember the name) that were really heavy on bass.

Now all these are not inferior but different. The reason I really liked pace and said it was the audio experience. Sound is objective in a way and to me they sound close to studio monitors - no exaggeration of original audio (just a balanced reproduction). This makes it easy to single out voices and instruments and even the very hidden audio strips are audible. Then there is the volume thing (don’t have a word for it) where as you increase the volume it because larger than louder. This is a problem with most earphones (and headphones) where high volume simply hurts your ears because it gets too loud. Pace almost gets it right here. I can listen to these on high volume and it feels like a concert hall rather than a loud radio on my ears. That is my weird description of the sound.

On latency, I am no gamer so I wouldn’t know and I have not seen it on video. I used them for audio music 90% of the time. I will check that though. My phone is on the Snapdragon 820 SoC.

Fatigue is something that I always struggle with when I listen to music for long but I realized it’s all about the volume level. It’s actually used by the CIA to torture people but maybe I watch too much TV :grin::grin:. But it gets better with lower volume.

Thanks for the insight. Now there’s a case for wireless earbuds on my next purchase. It’s a bit hard to get past some shortcomings of wireless headsets though. First, I cannot listen to the FM radio with wireless earphones (yeah, FM is still a thing). Also, the versatility of wired is great because I can use them on pretty much anything including desktop PC’s which often don’t have Bluetooth. Another very important thing is battery life on wireless headsets. Maybe the xFyro Aria might solve the problem because I can be forgetful sometimes but having yet another thing to keep charged might cause me to forget charging one of my more important gadgets.

There are these fifty thousand bose qc 35-2 being sold at bose sarit images, that’s the same amount as the Sony DAV-DZ 950 home theater

Would you buy these headphones? Are they worth it or is it just hype, those lucky enough to try them watuambie sadly prices Never seem to come down and I never see them in refurbished shops.

I would never advise anyone to buy Bose products in Kenya. The QC35 headphones cost $329 or less on Amazon, in Kenya Bose sells them for Ksh49,000. Even after factoring in taxes, importing them is cheaper.

I don’t know who their target customers are in Kenya, or if they still think Africans will always overpay for stuff. Its not about taxes, that am sure.

I once complained about their pricing on Facebook (they were selling them for 60k then) and they deleted my comment :joy:

hehe you are the guys who like shaking tables, another one was asking why a 2011 toyota landcruiser v8 was being sold for 9.5 million in kenya while a 2018 toyota lancruiser v8 full spec was being sold for $90,000/- in the US, lets say kenyans are willing to pay for overpriced things.

even the sony hometheater at Sarit they were selling it fr 56k I got it at anisuma for 44k a whole12k difference

why buy from anisuma at 44k when you can get the same from banadir at 30k…

30k is a bit too cheap, and from experience luthuli and electronics don’t go really well, I checked around and the prices in tuskys, naivas etc ranged from 44 to 54 k, but I see they have cheap TV s might check them out soon.

Where is the Banadir Place …

Thanks for asking. Also waiting for response.

Well, the problem is the final cost of getting that $90,000 V8 from the US into Kenya. I Think it is unfair to compare prices in US and Kenya. Two totally different worlds. The Irony is, people with higher wage rate/ purchasing power (US) buying things cheaper than people with lower comparative incomes (Kenya).
Now let’s get back to your $90,000 2018 V8 (US Purchase Price). The tax alone on this would be approximately KSh 5,214,942.71, calculated as follows;

• Import Duty KSh 1,655,172.41
  • Excise Duty KSh 1,655,172.41
  • VAT KSh 1,588,965.52
  • Total Tax KSh 4,899,310.34|
  • Import Declaration Fee KSh 148,965.52
  • Railways Development Levy KSh 99,310.34
  • Registration Fee KSh 15,445.00
  • Total Amount KSh 5,163,031.21
  • Total Port Charges KSh 27,153.00
  • Maritime Surcharge Levy KSh 1,643.00|
  • Clearing Agent Cost KSh 15,000.00
  • Shipping Delivery Order Fee KSh 8,115.55
  • Total Duty and Clearing Cost KSh 5,214,942.71
  • Total Import Cost KSh 14,232,195.71

All this without even considering CIF. So that $90,000 V8 will easily total to $180,000. This might make that 2011 V8 attractive at $95,000. Just saying…

What??? :thinking::thinking::thinking: And, do you know Toyota assembles cars locally? So the taxes you calculated are based on single unit importation. Also, if imported in bulk for business its different.

Now, back to Bose headphones, calculate why they cost so much than importing them.

And, what do you mean low income countries should pay more for stuff? Who poisoned your mind?

All their cars? I thought this was just for their commercial vehicles and motorcycles.

Was simply making reference to disparities in purchasing power/ lopsided economies. Read again my post. Didnt say lower income countries should pay more for stuff, that’s why i used the term Irony. Simply an observation. For example a Graduate Engineer in the US get paid $25.51/hr while their Kenyan Counterparts take home is $2.84/hr. Essentially a tenth. So if both were to buy lets say God of War- PS4 at $54, technically the Kenyan Guy has paid more than his US counterpart. Anyway our taxes are also too high, too many cartels and greedy people around, and so forth…