Why should I not root my Android phone?

Hi guys. I am sure this is the largest batch of Tech enthusiasts I know so allow me to ask it here. I have known about rooting for long now but I have never really looked into what it does and doesn’t do to a smartphone. Anyone well vast with this?

In 2015, there is no absolute need to root your Android device. The assumption here is that your device is running either Android KitKat or Lollipop. There was a time when you just had to root your Android device. This is because many features that some of us deemed useful and couldn’t live without were missing on Android. Rooting was the only way to get these features. Something like Quick Settings or making the status bar transparent or activating HD voice or just installing system themes or even taking screenshots or recording your screen… all those needed root access. Even applications like Greenify needed root access to work. However, as of now, many features have been baked into Android and Android OEMs have even gone a step further to include some more.

Recording on-screen activities is supported on Android by default since KitKat, Android Marshmallow brings Doze, a feature that eliminates the need for apps like Greenify, Samsung users using devices running Android 5.0.2 and up have a functioning App Optimiser that does pretty much the same thing, Huawei has an aggressive approach and for those of us who need to back up things, there’s Helium which works flawless just like Titanium Backup does on rooted devices.

In short, root access is nice to have but if you don’t have it, there isn’t much you are missing without it.

Unless you need the Super User permissions I don’t think it would be advisable to root.
Also, for most manufactures, if you root your phone and it gets spoilt, they won’t accept warranty on it.

Root it! Aren’t you an strong independent man who does what they want without being frowned upon by society and being told what you can or can’t do?

At @echenze you’ve said it all I think I now understand what people aimed at achieving through rooting and because I have android Kit-Kat I don’t think I need to do it. @bhattkishan9 my warranty expired long ago but I still wont route my phone. Na wewe @martingicheru haunisaidii sasa :joy:

??? :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

If you want to find the fatest way to root almost any android phone, the root app for android called Kingroot [ http://kingrootapp.net/ ] is your choice.

You can do anything with your android phone. It is necessary to enable Developer Mode and USB debugging on your device. You can keep your device from draining easily.

With root, you don’t need to worry that your android runs out of battery and you will miss some important call. It is the best solution to prevent an app from seeing your location or start up on boot. If you want to access to the entire operating system, you can think of this device.

While it used to be that rooting Android versions from Android 7.0 Nougat upwards was more difficult — verified boot would check the device’s cryptographic integrity to detect if your device’s system files have been tampered with, inhibiting legitimate rooting apps. Thankfully, rooting apps have caught up with the curve, and rooting Android is much easier than it used to be. Kingo, in particular, is one of the one-click apps that support Android 7.0 Nougat. I hope this will help you a lot.

No. 1 in 2018 dont do it. banking apps and several other apps may stop working. No. 2 the reasons we used to root are now baked right into the OS.

This is probably one of the questions that depend on the individual and you can’t satisfy everybody. Even some people who use iPhones jailbreak them for some features they want to use outside apples walled garden.

I’m rooted and all my apps work fine including banking apps and the weird OTP generators they use. I have some apps backed up on Titanium Backup that I carry over their data and settings to every new phone. I’m also using a couple of magisk modules.

Android Police also recently made a video about it that covers the pros and cons of rooting in 2018.