Which local (Kenyan) apps do you use on your mobile device?

kenyanapps

This question is inspired by @kiruik’s similar query on Twitter.

So what do you guys use?

I use Tumapesa and Calc ya Mpesa.Very simple and efficient.

KCB Mobile Banking,
M-Ledger
Red-Cross
SpotCash Mobile banking

I always end up uninstalling most kenyan apps after realising I dont use them.Here are the most useful ones to me;
Mysafaricom - because I can check my bundle balance without safaricom sending me a message
M-ledger - Very useful in checking Mpesa transactions and transaction fee
KiliMall & Jumia - For online window shopping and checking the price range of products while waiting for black friday offers.

I use 254Comics…local comic book app& gaming apps Tumtafune + Bungoma Hangman

Someone called Blackbeard checking Black Friday offers. Is there a joke somewhere in there?

Interesting. This is the first time I am hearing about SpotCash mobile banking

Yeah…u need to belong to a SACCO to use it.

Yeah, I just hit that wall moments ago.

mySafaricom and Airtel Care apps…much fewer kenyan apps on ios than android :frowning:

I use Stash, Safaricom M-Ledger, TumaPesa

Abacus.
Standard Chartered Mobile Banking App
NIC Mobile Banking - I used to use this before. Very snappy. Interface is not good but the functionality is spot on. I loved it.

Used to use

Safaricom M-Ledger - I don’t use it anymore since it can’t read messages from Signal
MovieMax - This was a really good app but I realized I hate theatres so it became redundant after a while

The Safaricom team needs to find ways to sort this. Especially since they have a team to do it.

Or maybe you are just one user.

KCB Mobile Banking,
M-Ledger
Stash
mySafaricom
Jumia

Tumapesa
Jumia
MySafaricom App

I use the KOPOKOPO mobile app which manages my LIPA na MPESA Buy Goods till. The app is handy especially when I need to move money to my bank account.