What is the true definition of full screen phone?

There’s this new term in smartphone world and its trendy ‘full screen’ or bezel less. This begs the question what is a true full screen phone what standards must they meet in terms of screen to body ratio or what is your definition of a full screen handset??? To me it’s an open debate and i think its just a marketing gimmick for example the Google pixel and the upcoming sony handsets aren’t full screens my definition of full screen is that in iphone x or the galaxy s8 to some point or the upcoming mi mix 2s

I’d say anything with a screen to body ratio of 80% and above can be considered a full-screen phone.

S8, S8+, Note 8, Mi Mix, Mi Mix 2, O5T, V30, Mate 10, iPhone X and the bezel-less king, the Essential Phone (84.9%), all make the cut as of Feb 2018.

Everyone else, in my opinion, should not even mention the word full-screen when talking about their phones.

nikama umetoa mawazo ya kila mtu with a single comment. :joy::joy::joy:

Lakini, what is a full-screen? The term itself… It makes no sense.

Samsung’s Infinity display makes sense… The thing flows over the edge.

Apple’s all-screen display is also sort of right… The front is basically, all screen but I think they should have called it, all-screen front panel.

To answer your question, marketers will now label anything with an 18:9 aspect ratio display as “full-screen”.

Case in point, TECNO Camon CM. It’s marketed as a “full-display” and they even mention 85% somewhere on their site without giving proper context what this 85% is… However, I calculated the phone’s screen-to-body ratio and it’s only 76.8%, meaning it’s nowhere close to a full-display.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Tecno pleeeeeaase! NO NON-18:9 ASPECT RATIO DEVICE SHOULD CALL ITSELF FULLSCREEN. Unless ni mate 10 (non pro version).

No, the Camon CM has an 18:9 aspect ratio. Problem is its screen-to-body ratio is not impressive.

wait, what? 18:9 and not at least 80% screen to body ratio? ama walicopy pixel 2?

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: its interesting actually these terms confuse me so seems like the debate is on Twitter too saw this famous leak star discuss it too

Apple’s devices have for long had funny aspect ratios that are comparable to 18:9 with very huge butt-hurt looking bezels. But compare something like the Essential PH-1’s 16:9 aspect ratio with a body to screen size of 85%. Another device is the Mate 10 Pro with 16:9.

So 18:9 is not a necessary requirement but the body to screen size ratio is what counts. But as you say, this will be used the way marketers played with people’s minds when it comes to sound power and quality. PMPO and RMS. Goodness, we bought a radio because of PMPO back in the early 2000s :sweat::sweat::sweat:

Jesus, I fell for this trap too many times, regardless of the fact that I knew root mean square is the real power :rofl::rofl::rofl: … But sikuizi Sony wameendelea, some of its hometheatre systems are up to 5000 rms! damn! where do you take all that power???

Hehe even nowadays RMS is not very relivable, just look at the power rating of the system at the power cord, a system cannot output more than it takes in, even with a step-up transformer the output cannot be 10 times higher than the system is taking from the wall, so those sony home theaters claiming 1000rms do about 200-300 rms max.

sound output is not dependent on the power input rating of a system. Sound depends on amplifiers used to improve the decibels output and noise reduction. note: amplifiers.

They’re out there impressing their customers!

Check out the Vivo Apex concept phone, it’s the truly bezelless phone with an in display finger print scanner, hidden front camera.

Correction: Mate 10 Pro, has an 18:9 aspect ratio.

Asus Zenfone 5 (iPhone X clone) has a reported 90% screen to body ratio. If the claims are true, it will be the true bezel-less production phone.

Asus Zenfone 5 specs (mid-range)
Asus Zenfone 5z specs (flagship)

Ooops! my bad. Must be the Mate 10

Soon this will be a marketing statement. True Bezeless ® Display

The only problem with the Asus Zebfone 5 is the notch.