Using Spotify in Kenya

Hey Guys, anyone else tried using Spotify Chrome website. I have been having a great experience by logging in with my facebook account for the last 3 days. Previously it just declined to work on the basis of being in an unsupported country.

Thought I would share probably can spice up your music life.

just get the PC app, its better

Haven’t had any issue on desktop via Chrome. On the Android app is where all the trouble is. Luckily, Proton VPN come through. I highly recommend this VPN. It’s the best free VPN.

the PC app wont work beacuse it will detect I am not in USA as my profile states :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

lemme try it out though they always somehow detect I am on a VPN

mine always works, i use vpn only when am loggin in.

Use VPN to log in. Adds you a couple weeks this way. One is allowed to use Spotify for 14 days outside their registered/recognized country

Used the paid version never regreted.
Spotify has different pricing for different regions, Philippines being the cheapest.
So if you can just get a 6 Month Spotify Code, last time checked it was $25 for all the 6 months premium, you are good to go ~ Login from anywhere/any IP, no Ads

Curious how you came to this conclusion.

This has never worked for me. In my quest to find an alternative to Deezer, I tried subscribing Spotify premium (They still send me a $0.99 for 3 months offer) and it failed, even when using vpn. It’s like it needs the debit card being used to be registered in its approved location. So I just use the free version of Spotify when I want to discover new music, and download new tracks for offline listening in Deezer.

its too much hustle that why I have stuck to the chrome website

That’s true.
I had to find a hacky way to get the premium. Here is what I did.

1. Get a VPN that supports Philippines ~ I used HMA , sadly wasn’t free
  2. Sign up for Spotify while using VPN (Have a Philippines IP) ~ extremely important
  3. Buy a GiftCard / Voucher Code from a site like this one.
  4. Go to spotify and paste the code you are given. The codes have different durations 1 month , 3 months, 6 months
  5. Profit …Enjoy Spotify premium from anywhere without the need of a VPN

With Proton VPN, you get Unlimited data(unlike tunnelbear), it has an excellent interface and a wide platform compatibility. Speed are fairly good as compared to other free vpns https://www.tomsguide.com/us/protonvpn-free,review-5509.html