Safaricom OUTAGE!

Is anyone else experiencing this? No internet connectivity for the past one hour, and apparently for the first time ever dialing customer care 100 goes mteja, go on try it

Yeah, I tried calling.

Some of us rarely call, unless reminded to. And when you don’t need Mpesa, and have a WiFi connection, we’re mostly good.

The outage is official. Safaricom says they are working to resolve the issue

are people on GPON / FE on safaricom also off? Im miffed at what could possibly be happening.

Safcom fibre has been okay,at least on my side,that is

POSITION STATEMENT
24th APRIL 2017
NETWORK OUTAGE- PROGRESS UPDATE

We wish to notify the public that starting from 9:30 am today, we experienced a system outage affecting a number of core services in our network. This outage affected Voice, Data, SMS, M-PESA and Enterprise services.

We have identified the root cause of the outage and are working to resolve this in the shortest time possible. In the meantime, Voice, Data, SMS, M-PESA and Enterprise services will be available intermittently until the issue is fully resolved.

We will continue to update customers on the progress to restore services. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Bob Collymore
Chief Executive Officer

Well…

Well this happens to all servers, worldwide. My small server gets 80 attempts a day.

Speaking of hacking, just how do people hack Mpesa PINS?

Hacking is basically guessing a password or PIN. Once you are in, field day for you.

Ha! They’re crying just because of 10,000 daily hacking attempts? I didn’t think I’d ever call Safaricom a small fish but I am now. They simply need better IT guys. If they got on the radar of real hacker groups they’d go belly up in a day.

Hacking M-Pesa pins is not really hacking but a form of identity theft. They trick the owner of the phone number to divulge personally identifiable information and use it to clone their SIM card.