Redmi 5 Plus 3 Day Mini Review

The specs they have listed are for the Chinese version of the phone.

You know tou can switch the phone versions on GSMArena? Just look closely above the network information

I have seen that wallpaper ya Lappy and am smiling we can be good friends

I did, nothing about Band 20. I could be checking out the wrong phone.
Global

Chinese

I don’t think gsmarena lists all specs regarding network bands… Same case they say Samsung a7 2017 has LTE-A support but it doesn’t.

The best confirmation is I am getting Safaricom and Telkom 4G. Gsmarena misses alot of information. Just buy from Xiaomi or their official reseller like Anisuma electronics.

Anisuma sells Xiaomi? Learning new stuff everyday on this forum.

They had that on their official Kenya account. I passed by they had the redmi 5A and the Redmi note 4, 4GB 64GB version at 22k. They only sell the official phones.

when it comes to checking different variants and models i use www.phonemore.com they give all models available for every region and the bands it supports

Turns out it is pre-order. Means it is yet to hit the market.

Heading over to Reddit(yeah, thanks to the forum, i’m following Xiaomi subreddit) , this is what they had to say.

Technically the global hardware version doesn’t exist yet which is why you can’t find the info.
It’s expected to be announced April 18 as posted by Xiaomi Indonesia yesterday.
It’s very likely that the global hardware version will be based on the Chinese version.
The reason you don’t buy one yet is because buying the Chinese version and flashing a global rom onto it won’t necessarily work with the mobile networks in your location/country.
Band 20 is mostly used in Europe and it isn’t available in the versions that exist at the moment (China and India).
If you’re thinking “hang on a minute, I see them on AliExpress!” They’re preorders and they’re guessing on the specs. No one knows until it’s released. That’s why delivery is after mid May. Once it’s released they need to buy their own stock before reselling it to you.
Personally I’m hoping for band 28.

We are talking about the redmi 5 plus global which is already out and in peoples hands.

It does appear there is a lot of confusion about the naming though. What gearbest has as the redmi note 5 global is what gsmarena and everyone else is calling the redmi note 5 pro. Some differences from the redmi note 5/ 5plus is the pro has a snapdragon 636 and dual primary cameras and an improved front camera.

You and me both, but I don’t think it will.

Band 28 or band 20??

I have never heard of any Xiaomi device in Kenya which doesnt support band 20, regardless of gsmarena not mentioning it. The only frequency global versions dont support is 700mHz/ band 28.

All the devices they sell in Kenya have band 20. The problem is band 28 for Faiba 4G, although its only a problem if you live in a location with Faiba network.

Yeah. They don’t make noise(Ads) about them