Nakumatt Global Card Alternatives

Nakumatt has dropped support for its Global card.

In this light, I would like to know more about the alternatives.

KCB Pepea Card, CBA Loop (not a prepaid card but still great)

Do these require a subscription fee?

Like monthly, yearly etc?

KCB is a prepaid card. Loop is an actual bank account but comes with a neat app to track all your payments, which is great for online use.

I’ve had my Nakumatt Global Card for over a year but used it just twice - what a waste of 1K or so that I used to buy it😭 How about your kawaida debit ATM Card? Isn’t it easier to operate an account at your bank which you use primarily for purchases? I personally use my Equity ATM card for everything including online VISA payments, I’ve connected it to PayPal for buying things from not-so-trusted websites(buyer protection), on Google Play, eBay, and pretty much everywhere else. I don’t like to have a million cards that can serve the same purpose.

I use my debit card.

Card networks refund any fraudulent transactions that you report before the deadline (120 days after the transaction)

I am not worried about using my debit card online.

Google says:

You’ll see the message “This site may be hacked” when we believe a hacker might have changed some of the existing pages on the site or added new spam pages. If you visit the site, you could be redirected to spam or malware.

Welcome to Kenya where the largest telco has an expired SSL certificate on their corporate site. This is the same site you submit your business details and other personal information.

Yup I experienced that problem sometime ago and then asked Safaricom customer care about it. They told me it’s still safe to use it (don’t know if that’s true though).

Asking a Safaricom customer rep if it is okay to use their site despite a full page warning advising you not to.

Oh boy, I wonder what their answer will be?