Infinix note 5(Android One)

Patiently waiting to hear some feedback from anyone who has used it.

It’s a really good phone. One can easily make it a daily driver. For its price point it ticks almost all the checks. Vanilla Android and will stay that way if you wish, manual camera, 18:9 full HD display, super great battery life. 3GB, 32 and a 6 inch display. I’d recommend.

I will be recommending it to people over the Camon X.

has it been launched yet?

at that price you can’t get anything better, redmi note 5 pro better have a competitive price when it launches

Yes, launched last week and available on Jumia.

Well it’s an Infinix. If you are on a budget or upgrading from two cups and a bit of string, then this is the phone for you!

Am not hating on Infinix, but I need to point out that the use of Helio P23 was not as good… due to the shortcomings of the chip. It doesnt support 5GHz wifi, Mali G71 MP2 gives you only 52-65 GFLOPS (compared adreno 506 on sn625 which offers up to 130 GFLOPS), and of course the manufacturing process of 16nm which has less power efficiency (but this has been compensated by a beastly 4500mAh battery).
I know am nitpicking on things most people will not/never consider, but am just saying infinix could have chosen a better chipset to ride well with that sweet Android One :grin::grin:.

Honestly at that price they have the best chipset. Choosing a SD 625 would have probably meant a poor camera to offset the price of the SD. The p23 is also very power efficient as shown by countless oppo phones. Nitpicking would have been allowed at 20k but at 15k they outdid themselves. For comparison the redmi 5 plus is 5k more while the Camon X is 2500 more with an HD screen not Full HD and 16GB memory.

P25 could have been better… maybe? Perhaps they are trying to save too much? and it costs Ksh18,000 for the normal one, not 15k.

stil a very good dealfor stock android, alternative is the nokia 5