Electric Vehicles in Nairobi, Kenya

:joy::joy::joy: weh, hio loan yote?

Watu wa CRB kama mimi tutafanya nini? Ata Uber pool inatushinda Tesla ndio tutaweza?

Any idea on companies dealing with electric car batteries and replacement in Kenya ?

@MaduxMaduxes
There are none currently. Majorly because there are few electric vehicles in Kenya now, say 12 at most at we own three of those. More so, the present market road-legal electric vehicles do not allow for battery swaps in between operations. So if you own a Nissan Leaf ev and needed a battery replacement, only Nissan can replace the full battery rack for your car. Similarly, if you get a Tesla and deem it necessary to replace its battery pack, only the manufacturer can do that-either through the warranty terms or payment options.

Replacing the ev battery can be through a warranty from the manufacturer for instance if you buy a Nissan Leaf, --Under the new warranty, Nissan will repair or replace a Leaf’s battery within five years or 60,000 miles if it loses more than 30 percent of its charge capacity. For Leaf owners, that means the warranty kicks in if the 12-bar battery gauge falls under nine bars.

Hi Kennedy,I’m working on a project about the usability of electric cars in Kenya. Do you mind sharing your experiences? Perhaps we can talk more, my email is abuyarobert@gmail.com. Sorry, but i couldnt find anywhere else to contact you.