EazzyPay Slices Deeper into Mpesa's Playground

We all know this never work, or has anyone ever benefited or know a person who has or heard someone who has, even You had one and I think Airtel

These guys are doing a fantastic job! The one understated thing about Equitel is how well they have figured mCommerce. I mean, M-Pesa is a fantastic mobile money transfer service but Lipa na M-Pesa is rubbish. Despite the introduction of check-out, the experience is still clanky and tiring, with you having to figure out pay bills and buying goods.

Equitel, on the other hand, have unified the payment process across service providers (doesn’t matter if you have Lipa na M-Pesa, you can pay from your bank). The accessibility is multilayered from within the App to STK. Beautiful stuff.

You might be right. Just spoke to a customer care agent and they informed me Eazzy Banking app users DO NOT qualify.

There is no way I am using my Equitel line to make any transactions when the app exists. I only top up 5 bob every quarter to keep it active since calling customer support using it is free.

If Eazzy Banking transactions were factored, it would have been free money for me.

For those using Airtel, you can sign up by dialing *336# (If it works)

A monthly usage of Sh. 250, Airtel insurance gives the customer Sh.1,000 hospitalization and Sh.10,000 life and accident insurance while Sh.500 usage will earn customers Sh.2,000 hospitalization and Sh.25,000 life and accident insurance. A Sh.1,000 usage will attract Sh.5, 000 hospitalizations and Sh.100, 000 life and accident insurance. Finally, a Sh.2,500 usage or above will attract Sh.10,000 hospitalization and Sh.250, 000 life and accident insurance.

Good luck claiming that cover, by the way Equitel now charge 15bob to check your loan limit… charge all over.

You can activate and forget about it. If you are ever in hospitalized and need some cash, you might be surprised.

There is no expense on your side. Seems like a no-brainer.

Where is Equitel is this interoperability thing? Is it a bank( meaning transactions to let’s say MPESA are treated like " Bank to MPESA") or a mobile money operator like Orange- T-kash? The biggest advantage with Bank to MPESA is(was) that your money is reflected in the MPESA wallet. The drawback is that it still attracts a termination fee(I think it was Ksh. 33 on Safaricom but management had told me they intend to lower it to Ksh.22). Interoperability does away with termination fees and the money is now credited directly to the MPESA wallet. So will Equitel have different charges(Equitel line/App) or what?

So far only Airtel Money and M-Pesa are interoperable. T-Kash is joining soon. However, I was also wondering whether the rest of the competition such as MobiKash will join in ama kutaenda aje.

Speaking mobile money when is Faiba launching?

Hivi karibuni…

Yet they still struggle with online payments.

well their prepaid card works well for this, it’s easy to load it from the STK or app before making online payments

And its free to top up the prepaid card using Eazzy banking app or Equitel sim card.

How come my equitel line is getting loads of scams even though I have never called or sms-ed anyone how do they get the numbers which I even do not know, mara your account is closed, your account is connected…

The first day I activated my Equitel line I started to receive the kamiti sms. That was so quick and I complained about it wondering how a line that is less than 6 hours old would start to get spammy messages.

Also used to receive many of those hadi I decided to just use the Eazzypay app instead. They really have to do something about it

Now I think that these telco agents are involved in that business.

Very true. With issue ya IEBC any personal identifiable information must be sweet as gold currently.