Community Yard Sale? Anyone? Food for thought for Techweez Team...Whats your take?

techweez

Lately i have noticed that some of us use OLX to shop for unique or hard to find/get tech which we may desire to add to our collection and i thought to myself,The techweez forum has a whole community of techies who may or may not have that piece of tech sitting somewhere in their own collection and not in use with no intention for short term or long term use.The techweez team could start with an informal community yard sale event on a weekend or something where forum members can meetup to buy,sell,view,test and try out tech that we may have in our collection but not actively using…Just thought i shud share this and get input from the forum? Kindly chip in…All ideas are welcome…

Would a yard sale really work? Maybe the first step is to find out if people here have and are willing to sell some of their gadgets that they have.

True. But we should give it a try of something else

I agree,as for me,i got stuff i want to sell that may or may not be interesting to the community here.Not for profit though,just tryna get rid of tech i dont use anymore,maybe someone can find a use for it and make the most out of it.

weka list hapa or send a message . While at it i am looking for a used HP Microserver.
Kama hii hapa chini.

Maybe we can try do this online? Guys to post what they are selling here and the price. It could be a pilot test for the actual yard sale…

Yeeeeh it can be done online btw,but not on the forum exactly…like have a techweez marketplace and see where it goes

I am selling this two soft boxes studio lights from Limo studios. The are especially good for you-tubers or video makers. or even photographers. The list is endless. Any content creator needs this lights to add a bit of professionalism in to there work. I bought them off amazon US and have used them less than 10 times. They are in my room collecting dust lol.

My price is 15k which is fair.

@martingicheru might be your customer

Two questions:

1. 15k is for two?
  2. How would I deal with parts, like that bulb if I needed to?

yes. Both for 15k. I dont know if you can find the bulbs in Kenyan market plus the voltage is for US which is 120volts. I use a down stepper to appease the electricity gods. On amazon US they are 5 usd