Caroline Mutoko wants a New Phone!

Caroline Mutoko has dropped a new video on her YouTube channel and she says that she wants a new phone. She is considering an Oppo so far.

What better people to advise her than the technology geeks of Kenya?

Lets go advise her!

You can’t see through an OPPO advert @bhattkishan9?

That’s quite a low, Mutoko isn’t the type to buy an OPPO F3, if anything it should be something between a Note 5, Galaxy S8+ or an iPhone 7, nothing lower. As much as it’s an ad, this is badly executed.

Also, that looks like a quite new Samsung Note she’s holding.

This is my comment so far.

ADVERT! She doesn’t want a new phone, she just want you to buy an OPPO.

Yes it is a Note 5. I guess she’ll be fine with a S8+. But she is a normal consumer of phones and cool ads of a phone being a “selfie phone” and stuff do woo consumers. She said in the video that she ain’t an iPhone lover (in contrast I love iPhones :cry:).

Would a OnePlus be good or is that phone only meant for enthusiasts? It seems like this time OnePlus is slightly moving towards normal consumers by having a model do adverts for them.

Looks like the S7 Edge that still has the IMEI sticker on it.

LOOOOL. This is embarrassing (italian mafia voice). If she really wanted a new phone, she’d have just contacted one of the legitimate legitimate phone reviewing website - like techweez - and had the Managing Editor make a forum post on her behalf.

This would have been taken more seriously than her doing it herself. All she’d need is the link to see the discussion then a poll is held at the end.

And then an Oppo? Really? A phone targeted at under 25’s in Kenya. Is that who she thinks her target audience is? Do those people even listen to radio so they have an idea who she is (was?)

Did you delete the comment on YouTube? Can’t find it…

No I haven’t. When I checked it’s still there:

But I guess it hasn’t passed through YouTube spam filters yet. Ziko slow leo!

Checking on another PC, yup it isn’t there yet. :unamused:

These ads are what is driving the OnePlus price up pole pole. The company should remain an enthusiasts device make but then again, how many of us are actually willing to constantly buy their devices?

I think Note 5, chech the bottom closely.[quote=“bhattkishan9, post:7, topic:1398”]
But I guess it hasn’t passed through YouTube spam filters yet. Ziko slow leo!

I think your friend Caroline has to approve the comments that she wants seen publicly.

Hehe I guess she doesn’t like my comment then. :cry:

True it is driving the price up and that’s not good for a company that aims at producing awesome phones at mid range prices.

But I guess they are doing this because a company cannot survive being an enthusiast’s brand forever since we are very unforgiving to any mistakes. This is highlighted in this video below:

I like it when I know people who watch the same videos I watch on YouTube.

Lakini this guy @McBHD is playing with us with that a name.

Now, onto the serious question, what were you (@bhattkishan9) doing watching Caroline Mutoko on YouTube?

Hahah her YouTube channel covers some serious content. Most of which interests me.

:joy: True!

Will switch to HD this 360p mobile life… :joy: More people joining Airtel has REALLY SLOWED DOWN the network. Still better than having your bundles stolen tho :grin:

Wooooi. I guess your username might have her a little worried. And maybe she wants to only approve oppo friendly comments so it looks better for her ad.

I think everyone here watches the same youtube tech videos though we could always open a thread that’s a running update - where the first post is constantly edited to include any new/noteworthy tech YouTubers. Would certainly help non-techie readers find secondary confirmation sources.

Noteworthy Tech Youtubers worth watching

Great idea!

Apart from her talking about some serious issues, she does push adverts, EazzyApp, KRA iTax, and now Oppo.

I get how everyone would push iTax, it’s widely applicable. But things like Oppo? Seriously? People at Capital Club use 7+, S8+, expensive vertus. Not mid-range china phones.

Again, she needs to better define her audience/target market and understand the products she can successfully ‘market.’

If one wants to understand journalism and current affairs or ‘women empowerment’, they may go to her. But I don’t remember the last time a non-techie I know wanted a phone and their first thought was ‘what phone is this media personality using? Maybe I should get one’

It goes more like:

Kamau/Wanjiku: You guy Niaje?
Techie: Sema Guy, Fiti.
Kamau/Wanjiku: I know you are a techie, so help me out
Techie: Sure, w’sup
Kamau/Wanjiku:: I need a new phone, what would you advise?
Techie: What’s your budget/What are you looking for in a phone?

If someone here has a story about how a media personality/celebrity/socialite in Kenya successfully influenced sales of a tech product to their audience (people went out and bought said tech because their celebrity told them so), kindly share with us.

Kwani what cut? I just changed it…

Who is MKBHD? -