Alexa speaker recorded and shared a couple's private conversation

Am watching This story on CNN and wondering how crazy can it get…
Well Amazon’s Alexa is always listening and alws on the internet. But what happens when digital assistants like Alexa go rogue? Madness I bet.
Alexa, mistakenly heard a series of requests and commands to send the recording as a voice message to one of the husband’s employees

“Echo woke up due to a word in background conversation sounding like ‘Alexa,’” Amazon said in a statement. “Then, the subsequent conversation was heard as a ‘send message’ request. At which point, Alexa said out loud ‘To whom?’ At which point, the background conversation was interpreted as a name in the customer’s contact list. Alexa then asked out loud, ‘[contact name], right?’ Alexa then interpreted background conversation as ‘right’. That’s Amazon’s explanation of the unsettling episode

Danielle(woman in Portland) said that the Echo that shared her conversation was right next to her at the time with the volume set to seven out of 10. It never requested her permission to send the audio, she said.

The family had several Echoes in their home, using them to control the heat, lights and security system. But, two weeks ago, Danielle’s husband received a call from the employee in Seattle, who reported receiving audio of their conversation.

Robots will soon take over the world…!

It gets even more freaky when Alexa laughs at your joke or you ask her a question and she responds with a creepy Weird laughter

Well. To me, Amazon’s explanation totally makes sense. I’ve seen Google Assistant on my phone get triggered by conversations around and even on TV, luckily, Google Assistant has voice recognition, so it never carries out the commands, instead, it just shows an error, “couldn’t recognize your voice”

Alexa too has voice recognition… the only thing she’s not able to is to differentiate when the right voice is speaking to her or to sombebody else. I think she needs more intelligence pumped into her